Aokigahara Forest Private Walking Tour
Explore the mystical Aokigahara Jukai Forest and fully feel the vitality of Mt. Fuji and flora and fauna in the wonderful forest
- Explore the primeval forest on which the lava-covered ground is still partly exposed and enjoy the exceptional landscape unique to the Aokigahara Jukai Forest where tree roots are struggling to creep over thin-layered soil
- The Wind Cave and the Ice Cave, the adventure world filled with curiosity!
- Experience the mystical forest that still refuses to accept human beings
- Explore the forest with the nature guide and come across the wonderful moment of the birth of plants
- Fully realize the life force of Mt. Fuji through exploring the forest and see the life story of flora and fauna with your own eyes
Just north of Mt. Fuji is the Aokigahara Jukai Forest or “Sea of Trees,” a forest largely untouched by human activities such as logging. It is barely 1150 yeas old, and replaced an earlier landscape called the genshirin or “original forest,” patches of which are still preserved on the mountain.
The forest covers 30 square kilometers formed by lava flows from the Jogan Eruption of 864. They filled most of a vast, ancient lake known as the Senoumi, leaving only two isolated pockets that became Lake Saiko and Lake Shojiko. This event reshaped the geography of the entire region. Viewed from high up, the forest looks like the rolling sea and therefore is referred to as "Sea of Trees."
2 hour 00 min
Fee per group 15,000 JPY
- 10:00 Meet at FUGAKU FUKETSU (Wind Cave) bus stop
- 10:10 Explore Wind Cave
- 10:40 Nature hike on Tokai Natural Path
- 11:30 Explore Ice Cave
- 12:00 Tour ends at FUGAKU FUKETSU (Wind Cave) bus stop
- Important Information
- Please book 2 days before the date you are planning to join.
- Cancelation policy: You will receive a full refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the tour date. No refund is available if the tour is canceled 2 days before the tour date.
- Admission fees, lunch and other personal expenses are not included
- Transportation from Kawaguchiko Sta. to the meeting point is not included.
- Local bus or taxi is available from Kawaguchiko Sta. to the meeting point
- Suitable shoes for a forest walk and (a cap) are recommended